The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets’ Trade Show Assistance Grants provide Vermont agricultural and forestry businesses with funds to identify, plan, exhibit, and sell their Vermont products at out-of-state trade shows or virtual shows targeting out-of-state buyers. These matching grants can mitigate the financial risks associated with exhibiting at trade shows, which provide excellent opportunities to network with wholesale buyers. Applicants may include up to five trade shows in their yearly marketing plan, requesting a total of between $2,000 and $5,000 in eligible reimbursements. Businesses may not apply for funding to support attendance at trade shows they have already attended five or more times.
Vermont-based agricultural and forestry businesses that meet the following criteria are eligible to receive funds through this grant:
- Business is registered with the Vermont Secretary of State and has been in business for over one year
- Business or its headquarters are located within Vermont
- Business has three or more wholesale accounts
- Business’ products meet the Vermont Local Definition as defined in Act 129
Eligible proposals must assert that:
- Proposed trade show(s) are located outside of Vermont; or if virtual, must target out-of- state buyers.
- Applicant has previously attended trade show no more than 4 times. This grant will fund up to 5 years of attendance at a single trade show.
- The proposed budget demonstrates a minimum of a 1:1 cash match contribution. This grant will reimburse each eligible line item 50%.
- Proposed trade show is in the business to business (wholesale) format. Direct to consumer shows will only be eligible on a case-by-case basis.
Funding will be used for the following approved expenses:
- Travel and accommodation expenses
- Marketing assets and booth design
- Registration fees (including booth space and educational sessions)
- Booth fees including furnishings and utilities
- Other marketing costs (samples, printing, etc.)
How to Apply
The application for Trade Show Assistance Grants is now closed. Sign up for our Agricultural Development Newsletter to receive updates.