Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets (VAAFM) Trade Show Assistance Grants (TSAG) provide Vermont food and forestry businesses with funds to identify, plan, exhibit and sell their Vermont products at out-of-state trade shows. These matching grants can mitigate the financial risks associated with exhibiting at trade shows and provide an excellent opportunity to network with wholesale buyers.
Trade Show Assistance Grants provide reimbursement directly to Vermont businesses to exhibit at out-of-state trade shows. Funding may be used for the following approved expenses: travel expenses; marketing assets and booth design; registration fees; booth fees; furnishings; utilities; shipping/freight; other marketing costs (samples, printing, etc.). This grant may fund up to 5 years of attendance at a single trade show.
- Minimum grant amount: $2,000
- Maximum grant amount: $5,000
Vermont based producers, processors, and woodworkers who meet the following criteria:
- Business is registered with the Vermont Secretary of State and has been in business for over one (1) year, with an address indicating that they perform substantial functions in Vermont.
- Product contains at least 50% Vermont agricultural and forest content/ingredients (excluding water and packaging).
- Business has three (3) or more retail/wholesale accounts.
Proposals must assert that:
- The proposed trade show is located outside of Vermont.
- The proposed budget demonstrates a minimum 1:1 cash match contribution.
- Funding will be used for the following approved expenses: travel expenses; marketing assets and booth design; registration fees; booth fees; furnishings; utilities; shipping/freight; other marketing costs (samples, printing, etc.).
- Proposed trade show is in the business-to-business (wholesale) format. Direct to consumer shows will only be eligible on a case-by-case basis.
- Proposals for labor, food, or beverage costs.
- Proposals from applicants who are out of compliance with any federal, state or local laws or regulations.
- Proposals for products that do not meet the threshold of 50% Vermont agricultural and forest content/ingredients.
- Proposals for projects that have already been completed for which the applicant seeks reimbursement.
- Proposals from applicants failing to meet requirements for previous Agency grants and/or assistance programs, or from individuals or groups unable to perform or having performance issues with previous Agency grant obligations.
How to Apply
The FY 2019 application period opened November 1, 2018. Funds will be distributed on a first come, first serve basis until funding is depleted.
- Download the Trade Show Assistance Grants (TSAG) 2019 Request for Applications (RFA).
- Review the WebGrants Application Guide.
- Prepare and submit your application in WebGrants.
Duration of Grants
Maximum of 12 months from grant start date. Grants may not be amended once the grant application has been approved; applicant must attend proposed trade show or forego the use of funding.
$50,000 to be distributed on a first come, first serve basis.