The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets’ Trade Show Assistance Grants provide Vermont agricultural and forestry businesses with funds to exhibit and sell their Vermont products at trade shows targeting out-of-state buyers. These matching grants can partially offset the expenses associated with exhibiting at trade shows, which provide excellent opportunities to network with wholesale buyers and expand into new domestic and international markets. Applicants may include up to five trade shows in their yearly marketing plan, requesting a total of between $2,000 and $5,000 in eligible reimbursements for shows that take place between April 1, 2024 and March 31, 2025. Businesses may not apply for funding to support attendance at trade shows they have already attended five or more times.
The application for Trade Show Assistance Grants is open now through January 15, 2024. View the full Request for Applications for complete details about this program and how to apply.
Vermont-based agricultural and forestry businesses that meet the following criteria are eligible to receive funds through this grant:
- Business is registered with the Vermont Secretary of State and has been in business for over one year
- Business or its headquarters are located within Vermont
- Business has three or more wholesale accounts
- Business’ products meet the Vermont Local Definition as defined in Act 129
Eligible proposals must assert that:
- Proposed trade show(s) target out-of-state buyers. Typically, trade shows based in Vermont would not be eligible. However, there are exceptions in which regional, or even international trade shows happen to be held here. These shows are eligible if they meet the other requirements in this RFA. Please contact the grant program manager with questions.
- Applicant has previously attended trade show no more than 4 times. This grant will fund up to 5 years of attendance at a single trade show.
- The proposed budget demonstrates a minimum of a 1:1 cash match contribution. This grant will reimburse eligible costs for each trade show up to 50%.
- Proposed trade show is in the business to business (wholesale) format. Direct to consumer shows are not eligible for TSAG funding.
- Funding will be used for the following approved expenses:
- Travel and accommodation expenses
- Marketing assets and booth design
- Registration fees (including booth space and educational sessions)
- Booth fees including furnishings and utilities
- Other marketing costs (samples, printing, etc.)
HOW TO APPLY
- Review the entire Request for Applications to ensure eligibility and understand program requirements
- If you're new to WebGrants, submit the WebGrants Registration Form. It usually takes about two business days to process registrations. Make sure to register for an account well before the application deadline
- Submit your application via the WebGrants system at agriculturegrants.vermont.gov. Applications will be accepted December 1, 2023 at 12:00 PM – January 15, 2024 at 11:59 PM.
*Be advised that technical assistance with WebGrants may not be available shortly before deadlines; please plan accordingly.
Key dates are subject to change.
November 17, 2023
Request for Applications released
December 1, 2023 – January 15, 2024
Application submission period
January 15, 2024 at 11:59 PM
February 15, 2024
Notification of awards