Local Food Data Tracking Program
The Local Food Data Tracking Program is a collaborative effort between the Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets and USDA Market News. It aims to provide comprehensive pricing data for Vermont agricultural products, covering popular fruit and vegetable crops as well as meat, poultry, and eggs, offering a holistic view of local food markets. To gather this vital information, the Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets actively engages with farmers markets throughout Vermont to collect and publish pricing data, ensuring that the information is up-to-date and accurate. This makes it an invaluable resource for farmers, consumers, and other stakeholders in the local food system.
There are two ways to view the data. Weekly PDF reports are published from June to October, featuring the most current pricing data from participating markets. You can also use the Farmers Market Data Dashboard below to view long-term pricing trends, which contains three years of pricing data for more than 50 produce, meat, and egg market items. This comprehensive data allows for informed decision-making and supports the growth and sustainability of Vermont's local food system.
Interested in Participating?
The summer market reporting season is closed. If you are a market manager interested in participating in the winter season, fill out the interest survey by Monday, November 13th.
The winter season runs from November through April. Reports are due once a month, and the payment is $15 per submission.
2023 Vermont Farmers Market Price Reports
Summer 2023 Weekly Reports:
- Week of 10.15.23
- Week of 10.8.23
- Week of 10.1.23
- Week of 9.24.23
- Week of 9.17.23
- Week of 9.10.23
- Week of 9.3.23
- Week of 8.20.23
- Week of 8.6.23
- Week of 7.30.23
- Week of 7.23.23
- Week of 7.16.23
- Week of 7.9.23
- Week of 7.2.23
- Week of 6.25.23
- Week of 6.18.23
- Week of 6.11.23
- Week of 6.4.23
Winter 2022/2023 Monthly Reports:
Farmers Market Data Dashboard
To navigate the dashboard:
- The vertical (y) axis displays the cost per unit in U.S. dollars, while the horizontal (x) axis represents the time frame from the first available data to the most recent.
- You can select a market item to view by clicking the "< 1 of 51 >" button located at the bottom center of the dashboard. This will give you an alphabetized menu of items for which pricing is available.
- Hovering over the graphed lines will highlight the price of the selected crop, meat, or eggs at a specific time.
- If the text or numbers are too small, you can use the zoom slider located in the bottom right-hand corner of the dashboard to zoom in or out.
Past Vermont Farmers Market Price Reports
- 2022 Vermont Summer Weekly Farmers Market Price Reports
- 2021 Vermont Summer Weekly Farmers Market Price Reports
- 2020 Vermont Summer Weekly Farmers Market Price Reports
- 2019 Vermont Summer Weekly Farmers Market Price Reports
- 2018 Vermont Summer Weekly Farmers Market Price Reports
- 2017 Vermont Summer Weekly Farmers Market Price Reports
- 2016 Vermont Summer Weekly Farmers Market Price Reports
- 2015 Vermont Summer Weekly Farmers Market Price Reports
If you have questions about this data, its collection, or do not see the market item you are looking for, please contact Drew Watson, Agriculture Development Specialist, at email@example.com or 802-636-7793.