Are you ready to take the certification exam? Have you studied the appropriate materials? Do you know which exam or exams you need to become certified or licensed? Are you 18 or older? If so, you may continue reading about how to sign up for exams. All exams are given by the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets.
Vermont now has an online pesticide exam scheduling system!
To schedule pesticide exams, visit our scheduling page and select the test location you wish to use. Scroll through the calendar to find and select available dates. If the date is greyed out, it is not available. After you have scheduled your exams, you will receive a confirmation email with information about the exams and testing location. If you need to cancel or re-schedule an exam, you can do so easily by clicking the link in your confirmation email.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-828-1732.
• All exams are CLOSED BOOK
• Please bring a calculator
• Please bring a current, state-issued, picture ID (required)
There is no cost to sit for (take) exams, however there are re-take fees for failed exams and fees for obtaining certification are required. For individuals that fail exams, a $25 re-take exam fee will be assessed.
Exam Re-takes: An individual that fails (score of less than 75%) an exam can re-take it, but there are waiting periods. A first failure has a one week waiting period; a second failure of the same exam has a 28-day waiting period; a a third failure of the same exam has a one year (365 day) waiting period. Retake fees are required at each re-take exam. Passing scores of exams are valid for 365 days.
- Vermont Agency of Agriculture, 116 State Street, 1st Floor Conference Room. Entrance to the building is between 8:30 and 8:45 am for a 9 am start time.
- Asa Bloomer State Office Building, 88 Merchants Row, Rutland – 2nd Floor Conference Room.
- Vermont Department of Health, 107 Eastern Avenue at the Annex - 1st floor Conference Room.
- Vermont Agency of Agriculture Conference Room, 94 Harvest Lane, 2nd Floor Conference Room.
- University of Vermont Extension, 130 Austine Drive.