Skip to main content

Pesticide Programs

Professional and homeowner use of pesticides are regulated by this Division under the Vermont Rule for the Control of Pesticides. These regulations cover sales restrictions, proper use, storage, and disposal of pesticides. Product registration, applicator certificates, dealer licenses, and permits may be required for use of certain pesticides, all of which are issued from this Division. Homeowners and professionals are responsible for following the directions on product labels and for properly disposing of all unused pesticides.

Homeowners may dispose of pesticides at no cost through their solid waste district or town hazardous waste collections. See here for a list of sites.

Rodenticide Alert

List of Pesticides Registered in Vermont

This list provides the pesticide products registered as of the date of the publication.  Three lists are provided – Class A, Class B, and Class C.  These classifications are established in the Vermont Rule for the Control of Pesticides (CVR 20-31-12, Section 4):

Class A - Federal and State Restricted Use Pesticides

Class B - Controlled Sale

Class C - Homeowner Use

Class A and B products require that dealers and users obtain a Certification as a Dealer or Applicator from the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets (VAAFM) before they can be sold or applied.  Class C products can be used by persons who are not certified by VAAFM.

Information on obtaining certification can be found on the Pesticide Applicator Resources page.

All persons who use pesticides must comply with the provisions of the pesticide label.  Always read and follow the label directions. 

Complaints/Report a Problem

To register complaints about the use or sale of pesticides, contact the Division at 802-828-1732 or submit electronically here. Please call as soon as possible and provide as many details as you can, so we may investigate.

Other pesticide-related information: