The VT Agency of Agriculture's Vector Surveillance Program is part of the agency's Environmental Surveillance Program (ESP). The ESP conducts statewide environmental surveillance as it relates to public health associated with agriculture and plant industry in the state of Vermont.
Contact: Patti Casey, Environmental Surveillance Program Manager, Office: 828-3473, Cell: 522-6858
- The Vector Surveillance Program tracks vector (disease-carrying) populations of mosquitoes and ticks statewide through several programs.
Contact: Eliza Doncaster, Vector Management Coordinator, Cell: 505-5343
Plant Health Section
The Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets' Plant Health Section has the following responsibilities:
- Nursery Inspection Program
- Administration of the Noxious Weed Rule
- Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey for federally regulated invasive pests
- Regulates ginseng collectors and dealers, and certification harvested ginseng
- Christmas Tree Inspections For Export
- Inspections to Export Plants from Vermont
Emilie Inoue, Plant Health Section Chief
Judy Rosovsky, State Entomologist
Ben Dillner, State Survey Coordinator