The VT Agency of Agriculture's Vector Surveillance Program and Plant Industry are part of the agency's Environmental Surveillance Program (ESP). The ESP conducts statewide environmental surveillance as it relates to public health associated with agriculture and plant industry in the state of Vermont.
Contact: Patti Casey, Environmental Surveillance Program Manager, Office: 828-3473, Cell: 522-6858
- The Vector Surveillance Program tracks vector (disease-carrying) populations of mosquitoes and ticks statewide through several programs.
Contact: Eliza Doncaster, Vector Management Coordinator, Cell: 505-5343
The Agency of Agriculture, Foood and Markets' Plant Health Team has the following responsibilities
- Cooperative Agricultural Pest Survey, which conducts surveillance for and managment of federally regulated invasive pests such as the Asian longhorned beetle and spongy moth.
- Regulates ginseng collectors and dealers, and certification harvested ginseng
- seed potatoes,
- Christmas Tree Inspections For Export
- Issues phytosanitary certificates when Exporting Plants from Vermont
- Nursery Inspection Program
- Administration of the Noxious Weed Rule