Financial assistance is available for new or innovative equipment that will aid in the reduction of surface runoff of agricultural wastes to state waters, improve water quality of state waters, reduce odors from manure application, separate phosphorus from manure, decrease greenhouse gas emissions, and reduce costs to farmers when they apply manure.
- Custom Operators
- Non-Profit Organizations
- Phosphorus Extraction Equipment Providers
Examples of Eligible Equipment:
- Conservation Tillage Equipment
- No-Till Grain Drills
- Roller Crimpers
- Precision Agriculture Equipment such as Flow Meters and Data Loggers
- Manure Injectors
- Silage Balers/Wrappers
- Dragline Systems
- Phosphorus Removal Equipment/Technology
Eligible Equipment and corresponding funding caps or cost share rates can change based on funding availability and other factors, please refer to the most current Program Details for more information on eligible equipment.
As funding becomes available for this program, program details and application materials will become available for applicants. To subscribe to email notifications about this program, please complete the farmer assistance inquiry form, or you can look for an announcment for available funding in Agriview.
Download and Print Applications:
- Please review the Frequently Asked Questions before reaching out with additional questions about the program.
- Please remember that all General Equipment Applications require a Letter of Intent (example), Quote/s for the Requested Equipment, and Letter/s of Support.
- All grant applicants should review and be prepared to agree to the State of Vermont Attachment C: Standard Provisions for Contracts and Grants.
Application Due (or postmarked by): November 1, 2019
Mail: VAAFM CEAP Program, 116 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05620-2901
Fax: (802) 828-1410.