State Fiscal Year 2022 Report on Technical and Financial Assistance
The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets (VAAFM) regulates farms under the non-point source pollution control program. The overarching goal of the work of the VAAFM Water Quality division is to work with the agricultural community to protect Vermont's water resources. To meet this goal, we administer financial assistance to farmers for conservation practice implementation, support education and outreach efforts by staff and partners on water quality issues, and engage in inspection and enforcement of farms and custom manure applicators in Vermont. Click on the link below to read more about FY 2022 program accomplishments.
Research and Reports
Research is crucial for informed policy. The VAAFM invests significant resources in research and studies to improve agricultural practices that simultaneously increase farm viability, and protect water quality. Through collaboration with key partners, we are dedicated to learning as much as possible through research, monitoring and modeling so that our policies and programs may best protect water quality and encourage agricultural and environmental sustainability.
- 2017 VAAFM Report on Tile Drainage and Nutrient Managment Plans
- 2017 VAAFM & VANR: Vermont Agricultural Subsurface Tile Drainage Report
- 2010 Report on Livestock Access to Streams
- 2018 Vermont Housing and Conservation Board and UVM Extension: A 2018 Exploration of the Future of Vermont Agriculture
- 2018 Farming Practices Report
- Conservation Innovation Grant (CIG) Project Overview - Linking FarmPrep to the Total Maximum Daily Load (TMDL)
- Case Study Report: Advanced Technology for Phosphorus Recovery and Recycling from Manure Wastewater - Blue Spruce Farm, Bridport VT
Historical VAAFM Water Quality Annual Reports
- FY2017 Annual Report on Agricultural Water Quality Financial and Technical Assistance
- FY2018 Annual Report on Agricultural Water Quality Financial and Technical Assistance
- FY2019 Annual Report on Agricultural Water Quality Financial and Technical Assistance
- FY2020 Annual Report on Agricultural Water Quality Financial and Technical Assistance
- FY2021 Annual Report on Agricultural Water Quality Financial and Technical Assistance
RAP PowerPoint Presentations
Vermont Agricultural Water Quality Partnership (VAWQP)
VAAFM is a member of the Vermont Agricultural Water Quality Partnership, a partnership of state, federal, and not-for-profit organizations who are dedicated to improving agricultural water quality in Vermont by coordinating partner efforts to provide education, technical and financial assistance to the farming community. To access resources from the partners, visit vtagcleanwater.org or click on the link below.