The Pasture and Surface Water Fencing (PSWF) Program provides pasture management technical assistance and financial assistance to Vermont farmers to improve water quality and on-farm livestock exclusion from surface waters statewide.
- Ppasture land poses a water quality concern.
- Water quality will benefit from implementation of improved pasture management and eligible and/or necessary conservation practices.
- Operator must have ownership or land control for the term of the agreement (10 years).
- Water Source Development
- Water Tanks
- Improved Permanent Water Area
- Stream Crossings
- Electric Fence Chargers
This program can provide pasture managment tehcnical assistance from experienced grazing specialists as well as financial assistance to implment improved pasture management, which may include eligible practices as listed above.
Administration of this Program, as well as technical assistance, has been contracted to the following organizations:
University of Vermont Center for Sustainable Agriculture
- EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
- CALL: Jenn Colby 802-656-0858