Supports local and regional partners to help farmers improve water quality
The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets (VAAFM) Water Quality Division supports businesses, organizations, or individuals to work with farms to support the improvement of water quality across the state of Vermont through education and outreach, technical assistance, organizational capacity development, and conservation practice surveys.
The Agency is supporting projects that address the following priority outcomes to improve water quality in Vermont:
- Regulatory Compliance and Agricultural Non-Point Source Pollution Reduction
- Economic and Environmental Viability on Vermont Farms
HOW TO APPLY
- Review the 2023 Agricultural Clean Water Initiative Request for Proposals
- Download Proposal Template (optional)
- Submit Proposals to AGR.WaterQuality@Vermont.gov by 4:30 p.m. on February 15, 2023.
Please submit all questions by February 1, 2023 to the program contact listed below. All questions received and responses will be posted on this webpage.
To Watch RFP Informational webinar, recorded January 19th, CLICK HERE.
To view questions received by interested applicants and answers provided by AAFM, CLICK HERE.
Mary Montour, Agricultural Water Quality Program Coordinator
Mary.Montour@Vermont.gov or (802) 461-6087
Grantee Spotlight - Champlain Valley Farmer's Coalition
Grantee Spotlight - University of Vermont Extension (Northwest Crops and Soils Team)
Learn about Agricultural Clean Water Initiative Program (AgCWIP) and VAAFM technical assistance and as well as examples of the projects funded through this initiative.
- Education and Outreach Report State FY 2020
- Education and Outreach Report State FY 2019
- Education and Outreach Report State FY 2018
- Agricultural Clean Water Investment Report 2018
Reporting for Ag-CWIP TA visits and practice implementation occurs through the Partner Database. Learn more by clicking on the link below.
PARTNER DATABASE INFORMATION AND FORMS