- Kate Finley Woodruff | UVM College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
- David M. Roth | The Wakaya Group
- Harold Howrigan | Howrigan Family Farms
- Jed Davis | Cabot Creamery Cooperative
- Ellen Kahler | Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund
- Richard Berkfield | Food Connects
- David Mance, Jr. | Mance Family Tree Farm
- Steven Schubart | Grass Cattle Company
- Mieko Ozeki | Vermont Farmers Market Association
- Josh Poulin | Poulin Grain Inc.
- Leslie McCrorey-Wells | Pizzeria Verita, Trattoria Delia, and Sotto Enoteca restaurants owner
To view a bio and image of each Commissioner, please click on a name.
The Commission’s charge will focus on ensuring the viability and adaptability of Vermont’s agriculture and food system, by delivering recommendations to the Governor for more cross-sector collaboration, increasing production and promotion, reducing barriers to entry and increasing diversity within the sector, and continued progress on environmental issues.
“Agriculture and our food systems are critical to Vermont and our future,” said Governor Scott. “I want to thank all the commission members for their wiliness to serve and their commitment to improving the agricultural landscape from the farm to the table.”
The Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets (AAFM) and the Agency of Commerce and Community Development (ACCD) will lead the commission, co-chaired by AAFM Secretary Anson Tebbetts and ACCD Secretary Lindsay Kurrle. Commissioners represent several sectors including maple, dairy and experts in Vermont’s food systems, as well as those with expertise in environmental and land use issues.