Meeting Recordings and Presentations
Once again, the coronavirus pandemic struck close to home, cancelling the 2022 Vermont Farm Show for the second straight year. Of course this also precluded the traditional Dairy Update meeting held by the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets (VAAFM) scheduled to take place at the Farm Show. As a substitute meeting, Diane Bothfeld and her team, again for the second straight year, brought the meeting to the virtual world, holding the Dairy Update online. This year, the Dairy Update was broken into two virtual presentations, one on February 10th and the second on February 16th. Click on agenda items for PDF slide presentations.
February 10th Agenda and Speakers – (Recording below)
- Climate Action Plan for VT and Dairy Farmers(PDF) – Ryan Patch | VAAFM Climate and Land Use Program Manager
- Water Quality Rulemaking(PDF) – Laura DiPietro | VAAFM Director of Water Quality
- Milk Prices and Market Update(PDF) – Nathan Peabody | Economist, Agri-Mark, Inc.
- Northeast Dairy Innovation Center(PDF) – Laura Ginsburg | VAAFM Development Section Chief
- Animal Health Update | Animal Import Rules – Dr. Kristin Haas | State Veterinarian and VAAFM Director of Food Safety Consumer Protection
February 16th Agenda and Speakers - (Recording below)
- Vermont Dairy Statistics - February 2022(PDF) – Diane Bothfeld | Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets
- Task Force to Revitalize the Vermont Dairy Industry | Diane Bothfeld and Laura Ginsburg, VAAFM
- Legislative Dairy Task Force Update(PDF) | Jackie Folsom and Dan Smith
- Congressional Update | Staff from Senator Leahy and Sanders as well as Congressman Welch