The Inorganic Chemistry Department supports the Vermont Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Foods and Markets (VAAFM) in areas of watershed monitoring, air monitoring and consumer protection.
Inorganic Chemistry Department
Metals Center, Nutrients and Non-Automated Chemistry Sections
- Analysis of airborne metals.
- Water quality - chemistry.
- Analysis of metals in fish.
- Verification of Meat, Feed and Fertilizer compositions.
Analyses are performed using the following techniques:
- Inductively Coupled Plasma – Mass Spectroscopy (ICP-MS)
- Automated Chemistry
- Non-automated Chemistry
- Classical Wet Methods