The Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center (NE-DBIC) announces the availability of funds through the Dairy Marketing and Branding Services Grant Program, which will provide grants for established value-added dairy processors and producer associations to access professional marketing and branding services to elevate value-added dairy businesses. Projects funded by this grant will increase the exposure and promotion of regionally produced dairy products guided by marketing/branding professionals. Funded projects will increase consumer awareness of products, develop market channels and distribution opportunities to increase product placement, support innovative strategies to increase consumption, and/or increase business revenues.
Additionally, up to 25% of the grant funds may be used to implement the strategy and/or content developed by the contractor.
Awards will range from $10,000 - $50,000 with a match requirement of 25%.
**This funding opportunity will reopen in Spring of 2023.**
This application is open to applicants from all Northeast states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont. Applicants must be one of the following:
- Dairy processors that transform raw milk sourced from the Northeast region into an edible product and are:
- licensed dairy processor in compliance with all required state and/or federal standards, as required for the sales outlets reached during the timeframe of this project; and
- headquartered or based in the Northeast; and
- if a value-added processor, products are manufactured within the Northeast.
- Dairy producer association/dairy council which represents and promotes dairy products and dairy businesses of the Northeast.
How to Apply
- Review the full 2023 Dairy Marketing & Branding Services Grant RFA (request for applications) for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the application process when it is released in Spring 2023.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide when the application opens in Spring 2023.
Previous Grant Projects
Interested in developing a project concept? Learn about the thirteen 2021 projects that were awarded, including Henry Farms of Knox. Also, take a look at last year's 2022 Dairy Marketing & Branding Services Grant RFA to get an idea of what to expect in 2023. RFA is subject to change for the next round of these funds.
Have a Question about this Grant?
Contact Brockton.Corbett@vermont.gov for more information.