Contact: Leslie LeClair
Farm: Vermont Packinghouse
Job Title: Livestock Slaughter Assistant
- $18/hour & $1500 Sign On Bonus
- Monday - Friday
- 7:30 am - 4:30 pm
- Vermont Packinghouse in North Springfield, VT is a USDA inspected facility that processes Beef and Pork from slaughter to fully cooked products.
- We welcome experienced individuals and candidates who are interested in learning the art of animal harvest. We are willing to train!
- As a member of the Slaughter Floor team you will learn humane handling, slaughter and processing skills. You will gain valuable knowledge and will have the opportunity to work at each station on the slaughter floor and acquire an understanding of the complete process.
- Able to utilize knives, saws, and other equipment to perform cutting and trimming
- Ability to follow food safety practices
- Breakdown of full carcasses
- Willing to work individually as well as in a team
- Maintain a safe environment- Personal Safety and Food Safety
- Positive Attitude
- Maintain a positive working relationship with the USDA
We offer a FULL BENEFITS package after 90 days of employment to include: Cigna Medical, Delta Dental, Short Term Disability, Life and Accident Insurance and 3 weeks paid time off in your first year! We also have an Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program and $100 Boot Reimbursement. PAID HOLIDAYS after 30 days of employment.
Job Type: Full-time | Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program"
Job Duration: Year-round
DISCLAIMER: The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets (AAFM) compiles farm employment opportunities on its website from external sources as a courtesy to farms and prospective employees. AAFM does not have a role in farm employment, and offers this resource as a potential means for farms and prospective employees to connect. AAFM does not create the posted information, does not evaluate its accuracy, and does not vet or endorse prospective employers or employees. All related information is strictly provided by external sources and AAFM does not control, maintain, or verify the underlying information or claims. AAFM is not responsible for the accuracy of the content on this site, and is not responsible for the accuracy of any content that any external source shares or posts in any other forum, site, or place. Any use of the information on AAFM’s website is voluntary, and all users must perform their own due diligence and independently evaluate any posted opportunity and the accuracy of any related claims. Neither the State of Vermont nor AAFM is responsible for any of the employment-related materials, information, or services posted on AAFM’s website, available through third-party linked sites, or available from any other site or place. This effort to connect potential farm employers and employees does not create any direct or third-party rights or obligations, and any use of the information is exclusively at your own risk.