The Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center (NE-DBIC) seeks multiple service providers across the Northeast to offer localized cohort-based technical assistance for dairy farmers considering transitioning their farm to a grass-based production model, enhancing home-grown forage production, or utilizing alternative management strategies. Each cohort will consist of at least five dairy farms and will be available for enrollment to farms based in one or more states within New England, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Contractors will be expected to:
- Recruit dairy farmers for the cohort group.
- Host on-farm cohort learning opportunities.
- Provide one-on-one technical assistance to cohort members.
- Work with participant farmers to determine if their project would benefit from NE-DBIC grant funds to implement project activities. If so, support farms in developing a grant plan and application for funds.
- Communicate and coordinate with other contracted service providers awarded through this bid.
**This opportunity is now closed. It will re-open in early 2022.**
Contracts will be issued for up to $150,000.
Total funds available $500,000.
How to Submit a Proposal
- Review the full Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center - Grazing transition, home-grown forage enhancement, and alternative farm management Request for Proposals for the complete details of this opportunity.
- Submit any questions or comments in writing to Laura.Ginsburg@vermont.gov. Questions are due: October 29, 2021 at 4:30 PM ET. A compilation of all questions received and their corresponding answers will be posted shortly thereafter on the RFP webpage.
- Include the following elements in your bid: cover letter, project abstract, contractor background and experience, resumes or CV's of project team leader and each team member, project approach, budget, references, Certificate of Insurance, Form W-9, evidence of an active SAM.gov registration, signed Certificate of Compliance
- Submit all bid elements as a single PDF document to Laura.Ginsburg@vermont.gov. RFP Response Deadline: November 29, 2021 at 4:30 PM ET
Interested to see RFP's from previous rounds of this opportunity? View an earlier version of the Transition to Grazing Cohort Technical Assistance RFP.