The Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center (NE-DBIC) announces the availability of funds through the Multi-Business Dairy Agritourism Grant Program, which will serve to elevate dairy businesses through agritourism across the Northeast region of the US. Projects funded through this program should benefit multiple dairy businesses by promoting the access and sale of regionally produced milk and related products. Grants are available to applicants in all New England states, Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania. Activities should be designed to raise awareness and consumption of regionally produced dairy products and must incorporate all the following criteria:
- A minimum of 3 dairy farmers or processors are actively engaged in the project's agritourism activities.
- A majority of the partner businesses/organizations are dairy businesses or producer associations. However, non-dairy businesses may also partner in the project if it can be demonstrated that their participation will enhance the visibility, awareness, access, and consumption of dairy.
- The project enhances the visibility of Northeast dairy farms and/or value-added dairy products, incorporating an educational aspect to their agritourism activities
- Project promotes the awareness, access, and consumption of Northeast-regionally produced milk and/or Northeast-regionally produced value-added products made from regionally produced milk
Awards range from $10,000 - $25,000 with a 25% cash and/or in-kind match committment. Total funds available: $175,000
Applicants eligible for these funds must fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Dairy farmer (producer) of milk that is headquartered or based in the Northeast, sources or produces milk within the Northeast and is a licensed dairy operation in compliance with all required state and/federal standards.
- Dairy processors that transform raw milk into an edible product, are headquartered or based in the Northeast, sources or produces milk within the Northeast and is a licensed dairy processor in compliance with all required state and/federal standards.
- Dairy producer association/dairy council which represents and promotes dairy products/dairy businesses of the Northeast.
How to Apply
- Review the full Request for Applications (RFA).
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide, when the application opens. Application period: February 22 - April 7, 2022 at 2:00 PM ET
Previous Grant Projects
For some inspiration, learn about the six projects that were awarded in the first round of this funding and these grantee stories for some inspiration:
- Milk Pail at Willow Bend Hits its Stride with Dairy Themed 5k & Fun Run | March 2022
- Collaborative Promotion of Cheese Festival & Trail Boost Cheesemakers in Central New York | February 2022
- Sunflower Creamery Kicks Off Goat Dairy Agritourism Campaign | August 2021
- $112K Awarded in Dairy Agritoruism Grants in the Northeast Region | May 2021