Visit nedairyinnovation.com for the most up-to-date version of this grant.
The Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center (NE-DBIC) announces the availability of funds through the Dairy Processing Research & Development Innovation Grant program. This grant will provide funds for dairy processors, dairy producer associations, and educational institutions to conduct research and development projects that support innovation for Northeast dairy processors across a variety of scales. Projects funded through this program will support dairy processors in gaining knowledge that will allow them to make informed, long-term business investments with positive environmental and/or economic impacts.
Funded projects will be centered on developing alternatives to current industry standards through projects that are applicable, scalable, and replicable to other Northeast dairy processors. All projects will include an educational or information sharing component for other regional dairy processors.
Topic areas may include, but are not limited to:
· Novel product development or enhancement
· Alternative packaging
· Alternative production solutions
· Distribution and supply chain logistics
The Northeast region, for the purposes of NE-DBIC programs, includes the following states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Grants will range from $75,000 to $250,000 with a 25% (cash or in-kind) match commitment required.
Total funds available: $1,000,000.
Licensed dairy processors and producer associations from the Northeast are invited to apply. Educational or research institutions may apply but are required to partner with a minimum of two Northeast-based dairy processors.
How to Apply
- Review the full Dairy Processing Research & Development Innovation Grant RFA (request for applications) for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide. Application period: January 26 - March 30, 2023 at 2:00 PM ET.
- Applicants who do not already have a Unique Entity Identifier (UEI) through SAM.gov are strongly encouraged to start this process during the application period to ensure a timely start to their grant, if awarded. There are currently significant delays.