The Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center (NE-DBIC) announces the availability of funds through the Dairy Farm Innovation Grant program. This program will provide grants for dairy farmers to access resources and technical assistance to support the implementation of community- and climate-forward production strategies. Projects funded through this grant program should take a whole farm system approach and increase collaboration with other farms or dairy sector stakeholders.
This grant will fund a wide range of projects across farm production and business operation models. Projects may address improvements in topics such as, but are in no way limited to: switching breeds, creating new models for collaborative/cooperative milk production, increased young farmer engagement, alternative business ownership/management models, development of green technologies, farm-scale appropriate technology improvements, or creating a culture of continuous improvement.
Grants are available to applicants in all Northeast states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Grants will range from $15,000 to $75,000 with a 25% (cash or in-kind) match commitment required.
**Applications for this program will open in October 2022**
Applicants eligible for these funds must fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Dairy farmer (producer) of milk that is headquartered or based in the Northeast and sources or produces milk within the Northeast.
Dairy processors that transform raw milk into an edible product with milk sourced from the Northeast region. Processors must be licensed in a way that their product can be sold across state lines.
- Dairy producer association/dairy council which represents and promotes dairy products/dairy businesses of the Northeast.
How to Apply
- Review the full Dairy Farm Innovation Grant (request for applications) for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process when it becomes available in October 2022.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide. Application period is estimated to be: October - December 2022.
Have a Question about this Grant?
Have a question? Contact Kathryn Donovan.