- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup milk
- ½ cup chopped nuts (your choice, walnuts, pecans or skip entirely)
- 1 ½ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix flour, sugar, backing powder salt and milk. Stir in nuts (or not) and pout into a grease 8” square pan. Combine the water, syrup and butte in a saucepan. Heat until the butter melts. Pour the warm sauce over the cake batter. DO NOT STIR!
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes. Cake should be dark golden brown in color (think crust of bread).
- Serve warm with whipped or ice cream.