- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup dill, minced
- 2 tbsp chives, minced
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Add the eggs to a saucepan and fill with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let the eggs stand for 10-12 minutes. Take the eggs out of the water and let cool.
- Peel and chop the eggs then add them to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add mayonnaise, dill, chives, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper. Mix until combined.
- Spread on bread or use with your favorite crackers!
Agency staff shared their favorite variations - Enjoy!
- Add curry powder to the mayo, maybe some cayenne, and some crunchy things like cucumber, scallions, pickled red onion, arugula.
- Add chopped olives and feta cheese
- Use capers and celery (chopped very small) along with the mayo and mustard
- Skip the mustard and dill, add sweet pickle relish to taste.
- Use mayo, yellow mustard, and sweet relish. The real magic happens in the process, which is to mix the mustard and mayo with the yolks similar to making deviled eggs. So basically, the egg salad becomes deviled eggs mixed in a bowl with sweet pickle relish.
- Mayo, eggs, chopped pickles, dash pickle juice, tiny dash maple syrup, pepper, tiny dash paprika
- Add capers and fresh tarragon and if feeling very rich, add a slice of really good smoked salmon or trout.