The Vermont Grazing and Livestock Conference
23rd Annual Vermont Grazing & Livestock Conference
The Heart of the Matter: Growing Deep Roots and Healthy Farms
January 18 & 19, 2019 Lake Morey Resort
Join more than 350 farmers and agricultural resource providers from six Northeast states at this perennial winter conference for a cross section of the region's livestock production.
The event takes places at the family-friendly Lake Morey Resort in Fairlee, VT just off Interstate-91. The conference rate on overnight rooms is $99/night plus tax. Friday will feature day-long sessions on direct marketing, policies, and managing farm business risk. Saturday includes 12+ workshops plus double keynote presentations, lunch discussions, tradeshow and much more, as well as a kids' conference for ages 6-12. The weekend highlights local, grass-fed and organic foods, great company from over six states, and plenty of new ideas to take home and ruminate on as you plan for 2019.
What have some of these attendees liked best about past conferences?
- The...workshop was very informative and took a lot of information home with me. Met a lot of people and the networking was key.
- Workshop range and quality
- Innovative ideas, spirit of presenters
- Being with other farmers, hearing their experiences
- Great, varied, fresh speakers
- Seemed like there was something for everyone at every session
- Lunch was excellent and the ice cream was delicious!
The conference is hosted by the Vermont Grass Farmers Association (VGFA) and coordinated by the UVM Extension Center for Sustainable Agriculture. Registration discounts are available for VGFA members. More details about the conference as well as registration are available at www.uvm.edu/pasture. Contact conference coordinator Jenn Colby at firstname.lastname@example.org, (802) 656-5459 with any questions.
Scholarships are available! Contact Cheryl Herrick at (802) 656-5459 or email@example.com to learn more.