(CANCELLED) Bradford Crops and Soils Meeting
This event has been CANCELLED due to the novel Coronavirus.
Bradford: March 27, 2020 Masonic Hall, 1958 Waits River Road Bradford VT 10:00 – 3:00 Register at
Guests will join farmer presenters who will share their lessons from the field, the UVM Center for Sustainable Agriculture, UVM Extension, and other community partners in a full day of learning that will address:
- How farms consider alternative revenue stream opportunities by diversifying their enterprise
- Growing small grains
- Risk Management information
- Payment for Ecosystem Services working group update
- Wood-chip barnyards
- Forage and crop pests
- 8+ years in no-till corn & cover cropping
- The economics of conservation practices on farms
Attendees: bring either a bag lunch or $10 cash to order lunch that morning. Those interested in renewing their manure applicator certification should plan to attend the March 25 session in Springfield, and should email Lindsey Ruhl at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Pending is one (1) pesticide credit. Two (2) water quality training credits available to help farmers comply with the education requirements for Required Agricultural Practices.