Dairy farmers and processors can access free resources through NE-DBIC funded research studies, UVM Extension, and our Dairy Business Innovation Initiative counterparts.
National Dairy Business Innovation Initiatives
The USDA funds three additional Dairy Business Innovation initiatives. You can find resources and information about these initiatives on their websites.
- Dairy Business Innovation Alliance, hosted by Center for Dairy Research (CDR) and the Wisconsin Cheese Makers Association (WCMA) - Midwest region
- Southeast Dairy Business Innovation Center, hosted by University of Tennessee – Southeast region
- Pacific Coast Coalition, hosted by UC Fresno – West region
UVM Extension Dairy Herd Management Technical Assistance
With support from NE-DBIC, dairy farm owners and managers can now receive on-farm technical assistance through University of Vermont (UVM) Extension.
UVM Extension’s team of technical assistance specialists provide support in:
- Milk quality
- Grazing and pasture management
- Dairy nutrition
- Animal husbandry
- Animal housing and facilities
- Personnel management
These dairy support services are available across Vermont, and UVM Extension will engage with other regional Extension opportunities to share knowledge with farmers outside of Vermont.
At NE-DBIC, we’ve funded a variety of research on dairy distribution, market conditions, and marketing to support dairy businesses throughout the region. Dairy farmers and processors can access the research and resulting resources for free: