Photo courtesy of Tup's Crossing Farm, LLC - Orwell, VT
The Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center (NE-DBIC) and its partners offer grants, events, workshops, and educational opportunities to dairy farmers, processors, and service providers.
Competitive Grants and Contracts Underway
Missouri Grazing Learning Journey: The NE-DBIC is sponsoring a group of dairy farmers and additional TA providers located in the Northeast to participate in a deep dive into innovative grazing methods in Missouri in May 2022.
Dairy Packaging Innovation Grant: This grant will fund projects that decrease environmental impacts of dairy product and supply chain packaging and increase marketability of dairy products.
SIAL Canada: In April 2022, the NE-DBIC will host a pavilion at international food and beverage trade show, SIAL Canada, to showcase value-added dairy products from across the Northeast U.S.
Dairy Food Safety & Certification Grant: This grant program provides dairy farmers, processors, and/or producer associations with funds needed to take actionable steps to improve the safety of dairy products with the goal of increased marketability.
Dairy Business Viability & Technical Assistance Grant: Grants to fund Northeast dairy processors, producer associations, supply chain businesses, and technical assistance providers to enhance dairy farmer and processor business operations and strengthen market opportunities.
Goat and Sheep Dairy Supply Chain Grant: A grant program that funds Northeast dairy farmers, processors, and/or producer associations to improve the goat and/or sheep dairy supply chain.
Assessment of Dairy Farms Interested in Producing Specialty Cheese Quality Milk: A study to understand the level of interest from dairy farmers, located generally in central to southern Vermont and northern Massachusetts, in producing milk specifically for specialty cheese production.
Dairy Marketing & Branding Services Grant: A grant for established value-added dairy processors to access and utilize professional marketing and branding services.
Grazing Transition, Home-Grown Forage Enhancement, & Alternative Farm Management Cohort Technical Assistance: Numerous service providers across the Northeast are offering localized cohort-based technical assistance for dairy farmers transitioning their farm to a grass-based production models, forage enhancement, or other alternative management projects.
Multi-Business Dairy Agritourism Grant: This grant serves to elevate dairy businesses through agritourism across the Northeast region of the United States.
- Goat & Sheep Dairy Market Research, Interactive Dashboard, & Webinar: A suite of resources that educate about goat and sheep dairy consumer preferences in the Northeast and opportunities in the marketplace.
- Dairy Experience Forum: In July 2021, the Dairy Experience Forum connected participants to top industry speakers as they share actionable consumer insights, forecasting, and industry thought leadership. Hosted by New England Dairy with support from NE-DBIC.
- Dairy Visioning Workshops: In September 2020, a workshop series was delivered to current Vermont dairy farmers focused on the development of concrete, actionable tools and frameworks to plan the future of their farms.
- Northern Region Dairy Summit: At this two-day summit in 2019, the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets (VAAFM) facilitated a discussion between dairy farmers, dairy officials, industry experts and legislative leaders to determine what areas of information were most sensitive to the ongoing success and survival of traditional dairy farming in our region.
- Legislative Dairy Tour: In response to requests from the Vermont dairy community at the Northern Region Dairy Summit, officials at the VAAFM organized a legislative tour of six dairies in Vermont.