5 Ways to Treat Yo Self this Valentine's Day
This Valentine's Day, lean in to indulgence by choosing delicious treats from the many creative food producers in our small state. Show your love for our makers by showering your attention on all of those talented people that work year-round to bring food to our plates! Here are our top 5 picks for finding that special Valentine’s treat!
- Get inspired to use all of the great local products you find to cook at home! DigInVT has pulled together several recipes which include highlights from Hot Chocolate Week to stay warm during these chilly days!
- Not feeling like being adventurous in the kitchen? Vermont Fresh Network connects local chefs with local producers so you can eat more locally grown food cooked by someone else! Find a meal near you.
- Spread the love... on crackers! We dug up this article from Vermont Creamery with tips and tricks to building the perfect cheese board!
- Looking for something sweet? (Yes, aren’t we all!) King Arthur Baking Company has graciously cataloged their Valentine’s Day recipes for us! Click and bake!
- Love Food? Love Farms! Treat-yo-self at local farmers markets, farm stands, pick-your-own farms and CSA programs! Not only will you feel good, but you’ll be supporting Vermont's farmers!
Share local products and farms you love with all of us on social media using these hashtags! #valentinesday #DigInVT #RootedinVermont #knowyourfarmer #lovefoodlovefarms #communitysupported #eatlocalvt #cookinglocal #recipes #buylocal #buydirect #techforgood