14 Reasons Why We Love Our Food and Farmers
Valentine’s Day 2020 | Montpelier, VT - The 14th of February: Valentine’s Day. A time for us to express our love and appreciation for the people who brighten our lives. We got to thinking about how much happiness Vermont farmers bring to us.
Here’s our list of 14 reasons we love farmers:
1) Farmers produce the milk that makes Vermont’s award-winning cheeses, butter, ice cream and yogurt.
2) Farmers open their land to recreation including snowmobiling, hiking and hunting.
3) Farmers provide us with fresh produce every day of the year.
4) Farmers make sure we never run out of maple creemees.
5) Farmers produce some of sweetest things in life- Vermont maple and honey.
6) Farmers keep us warm with wool and fiber.
7) Farmers grow the grains for our bread and award-winning brews.
8) Farmers fill our freezers with meat.
9) Farmers grow the grapes for Vermont’s wines.
10)Farmers make our fairs and field days fun.
11)Farmers open their farms and homes to visitors.
12)Farmers teach us to work hard and volunteer.
13)Farmers will pull you out of ditch when you get stuck.
14)Farmers remind us to pause and embrace the simple things in life.
…And so many more! Why do you love farmers? Make a list and spread the love for Vermont food and farms! Visit us on Facebook to share your reasons this Valentine’s Day! Also, watch our tribute to our farmers on You Tube.