Request for Proposals (RFP):
The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets (VAAFM) seeks a contractor to build upon the work done by an internal Inclusion, Diversity, Equity, and Accountability (IDEA) group. The contractor will be expected to develop a baseline assessment of VAAFM’s conditions and engagement around justice, diversity, equity, and inclusion, both internally to the Agency and externally with constituents and stakeholders, including identifying barriers and opportunities. From this assessment, the contractor will formalize and lead an internal engagement plan with VAAFM staff with the aim of increasing staff engagement with this work and improving outcomes related to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion at the Agency and in the food system.
It recently came to our attention that the RFP contains an incorrect link for Attachment C: Standard State Provisions for Contracts and Grants. Find the correct link to Attachment C here. This correction is addressed in this Addendum to Request For Proposals (9/29/2021).
Release Date: 9/15/2021
Responses Due: 10/15/2021 at 11:59 PM
Please include the following components as your response to this bid as a single PDF document. Submit by email to Abbey.Willard@vermont.gov:
- Project approach, background, and experience: Please provide a history of your organization, a list of current and/or notable clients, a description of your/your firm’s experience with assessment of equity/inclusion/diversity, notable examples of successful outcomes, and what makes your organization the right fit for this project.
- Resumes of project team leader and any other team members
- Proposed work plan, proposed activities, associated deliverables, reporting measures, and timeline
- Project budget: Please submit a budget, not to exceed $85,000, that is both realistic and reasonable to complete the scope of services. For more information, see full RFP.
- 3 samples of similar projects (links to download are appropriate)
- Certificate of Insurance which meets the criteria outlined in Attachment C
- A W-9 signed within the last 6 months
Questions Regarding Scope of Work
For questions relating to this Request for Proposals (RFP), please contact Abbey Willard, Agriculture Development Division Director at 802-272-2885 or Abbey.Willard@vermont.gov.
All questions received from potential contractors will be compiled and posted in our RFP Question & Answers document.