Agency of Agriculture, Food, and Markets
Vermont Companies will $25,000 Total to Attend 15 Different Shows in 10 Different States
Twenty-four Vermont Agriculture and Forest Products businesses will receive financial assistance to attend trade shows as part of Vermont’s new Trade Show Assistance grant program. A total of $25,000 in matching funds was awarded. The Vermont Agencies of Agriculture, Food, and Markets (VAAFM) and Commerce and Community Development (ACCD) announced the winners today.
Thirty-four grant applications were received for a total request of $45,916. Of those, twenty-four grantees were selected to receive $25,500 in grant funds, leveraging an additional $93,000 in private investment. Grant recipients will attend 15 different trade shows in 10 different states. Selections were made by a review committee consisting of state agency staff and representatives of the forestry, specialty food, and dairy sectors.
Trade shows enable companies to connect with buyers and brokers, potentially opening new markets for sales. The Trade Show Assistance grant is part of the new Domestic Export Program, created during the 2014 legislative session. In addition to the Trade Show Assistance grants, the Domestic Export Program facilitates buyer connections in regional markets and offers technical assistance, focusing on business and marketing skills that will help Vermont business succeed in out-of-state markets. This Domestic Export program also assists Vermont companies to leverage the Vermont brand and access regional markets.
“The Domestic Export program helps prepare and support Vermont Working Lands businesses for success in out-of-state markets” said Secretary of Agriculture Chuck Ross. “We are excited to see such strong interest in this program, and look forward to helping the grant recipients make meaningful connections with buyers.
· Artesano, Groton - $500 grant to attend the New England Food Show in Boston, MA
· Black River Meats, Springfield - $1,500 grant to exhibit at the New England Food Show in Boston, MA
· Brookside Woodworking, Fair Haven - $905 grant to exhibit at the Fine Furnishing Show in Pawtucket, RI
· Cobb Hill Frozen Yogurt & Cheese, Harltand - $992.50 grant to exhibit at the New England Made Giftware & Specialty Food Show in Portland, ME
· Consider Bardwell, West Pawlet - $500 grant to exhibit at the American Cheese Society Meet the Cheesemaker Event in Providence, RI
· Gringo Jacks, Manchester - $575 grant to exhibit at the Summer Fancy Food Show in New York, NY
· Halladays Harvest Barn, Bellows Falls - $487.50 to exhibit at the New England Made Giftware & Specialty Food Show in Portland, ME
· Maple Landmark, Middlebury - $1,278 to exhibit at the Museum Store Association Conference & Expo in Hartford, CT
· Mt. Mansfield Creamery, Morrisville - $500 to exhibit at the American Cheese Society Meet the Cheesemaker Event in Providence, RI
· Nitty Gritty Grain, Charlotte - $850 to exhibit at the Associated Buyers Table Top Show in Portsmouth, NH
· Parish Hill Creamery, Westminster West - $948.50 to exhibit at the American Cheese Society Meet the Cheesemaker Event in Providence, RI
· Plymouth Artisan Cheese, Plymouth - $800 to exhibit at the Winter Fancy Food Show in San Francisco, CA
· Rockledge Farm Woodworks, Rockledge - $1,405 to exhibit at the New England Made Giftware & Specialty Food Show in Portland, ME
· Sugar Bobs Finest, Londonderry - $500 to attend to the Summer Fancy Food Show in New York, NY
· The American Game Table Co., St. Johnsbury - $500 to exhibit at the American Camp Association New England Conference & Expo
· The Potlicker, Bethel- $2,000 to exhibit at the Summer Fancy Food Show in New York, NY
· Tonewood, Waitsfield - $2,000 to exhibit at the NY NOW Gift Show in New York, NY
· Vermont Chevon, Danville - $765 to exhibit at the Boston Local Food Trade Show in Boston, MA
· Vermont Farm Table, Burlington - $1,500 to exhibit at the International Contemporary Furniture Fair in New York, NY
· Vermont Farmstead Cheese, South Woodstock - $500 to exhibit at the American Cheese Society Meet the Cheesemaker Event in Providence, RI
· Vermont Hardwoods, Chester - $2,000 to exhibit at the Décor Expo in Atlanta, GA
· Vermont Hay Co., Greensboro - $2,000 to exhibit at the Natural Products Expo East Show in Baltimore, MD
· Vermont Natural Coatings, Hardwick - $2,000 to exhibit at the ACE Hardware Fall Market Show in Chicago, IL
· Wheeler Sugarworks, Derby - $500 to exhibit at the Summer Fancy Food Show in New York, NY
For more information about the Domestic Export Program, contact Reg Godin at Reg.Godin@state.vt.us or visit http://agriculture.vermont.gov/producer_partner_resources/market_access_development/domestic_export