Technician Licenses (Certificate of Competence)

There are several technician licenses that are grouped together in 6 V.S.A. §2724 (a). Persons that perform any testing, weighing or volumetric measure that are used in the payment or acceptance of milk must be licensed. There are several general licensee groups. Individuals who work in laboratories to determine the fitness of milk for purchasing must have a license for each type of test they perform. Individuals who sample milk at farms for purposes of testing must also be licensed. Finally, individuals who measure milk in a bulk milk tank to provide for payment must be licensed. A study guide intended for those who wish to weigh and sample milk at farms can be downloaded here: Bulk Milk Collector Introduction Handbook.


Weighing and sampling license application to be able to pick up milk at farms.
Laboratory procedures license application to test milk.