Farm First: Serving All Vermont Farm Owners!

As a Vermont Farm Owner, you and your family members living on the farm are now automatically covered by Farm First, a free and confidential business and personal service. Funded by the VT Agencies of Agriculture and Human Services, Farm First is a benefit modeled on the benefit most workplaces provide for their employees called employee assistance programs. Farm First is part of the farm workplace infrastructure in Vermont.


  • VT Farm Owners grossing a minimum of $10,000/year from agriculture OR
  • Farmers working with a disability or injury
  • Farm-based family members of eligible farm owners

Website (Organization Password: farm)

You will be taken to the Invest EAP website. Invest EAP is the parent organization for Farm First.You will be directed to set up your own log-in when you first visit the website. The website provides self-assessment tools and information on a variety of health, mental health, legal and financial topics. 

What is Farm First?

Farm First provides confidential help with any personal or work-related issue. We know that if left unaddressed, stress correlates with chronic health, safety, family and business problems. Consulting with a Farm First counselor or resource specialist (located statewide) can help you resolve problems before they mushroom into debilitating situations.  

Why Would I Call Farm First?

Farm First is set up to assist farmers to address stress, much of which is associated with the very real challenges on Vermont’s farms. Whether you have a farm personnel issue or a personal or family concern, Farm First is ready to help. Farmers call us about practical resource issues (eldercare, childcare, housing, medical, legal or financial concerns) and about relationship or family issues, grief and loss, alcohol or drug addiction, depression or anxiety, and management issues. Farm First also helps farmers adapt to injuries and health problems.

What Happens When I Call Farm First?

We consult with you and provide information, brief counseling and referral. We may get you involved with a Vocational Rehabilitation Farm First counselor and other resources to help you continue farming with an injury or disability or to help with respite labor while you’re laid up.

Help when you need it where you need it! With a single phone call, you can reach Farm First’s fully licensed, agriculturally-sensitive resource specialists and counselors. We will discuss with you, confidentially and at no cost, the best method to address and resolve your concerns.

Call Farm First: 1-877-493-6216 anytime day or night!