Do you need to be Licensed with the Agency of Agriculture?

If you are doing business in Vermont, you may need to be licensed with the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets. 

The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets (VAAFM) is responsible for licensing a variety of items found in retail stores you might not connect with agriculture. There are many retailers not aware of the requirement to license in order to sell these items, or use certain devices. 

Please review our Fact Sheet to determine if your business is impacted. 

For a full listing of the Agency's licensing and registration programs, please visit our Licensing and Registration web page. 

If you have questions, we are here to help. Please contact the Agency's Licensing & Registration Section at (802) 828-2436 or via e-mail at