Contact: Karen Murray
Farm: Grafton Village Cheese Company
Job Title: Cheesemaker
Duties and responsibilities include working in a clean food environment making cheese by following all policies and procedures introduced under the food safety plan. All personnel are encouraged to work as a team member to meet company social, product and safety goals.
Essential Job Functions
- Work as a team member to produce Grafton Village Cheese
- Job duties include but are not limited to:
- Taking lab measurements to follow cheese production
- Working in a clean food producing environment
- Ability to consistently lift 75 lbs
- Ability to follow set time schedule
- Good attention to detail in food production as well as cleaning
- Attend training to gain essential food safety knowledge
- Be responsible to communicate/report and food safety or quality problems to appropriate supervisor/manager
- Strong communication/collaboration skills
- Decision making
- Working as part of a team
- Consistent attendance is required
- Required Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 2 years in a related industry helpful but not required"
Job Duration: Year-round
Apply: via Email
DISCLAIMER: The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets (AAFM) compiles farm employment opportunities on its website from external sources as a courtesy to farms and prospective employees. AAFM does not have a role in farm employment, and offers this resource as a potential means for farms and prospective employees to connect. AAFM does not create the posted information, does not evaluate its accuracy, and does not vet or endorse prospective employers or employees. All related information is strictly provided by external sources and AAFM does not control, maintain, or verify the underlying information or claims. AAFM is not responsible for the accuracy of the content on this site, and is not responsible for the accuracy of any content that any external source shares or posts in any other forum, site, or place. Any use of the information on AAFM’s website is voluntary, and all users must perform their own due diligence and independently evaluate any posted opportunity and the accuracy of any related claims. Neither the State of Vermont nor AAFM is responsible for any of the employment-related materials, information, or services posted on AAFM’s website, available through third-party linked sites, or available from any other site or place. This effort to connect potential farm employers and employees does not create any direct or third-party rights or obligations, and any use of the information is exclusively at your own risk.