The Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center (NE-DBIC) has expanded eligibility and extended the deadline for the Goat and Sheep Dairy Supply Chain Grant program, which will provide grants for Northeast region dairy farmers, processors, and/or producer associations to improve the goat and/or sheep dairy supply chain. The Northeast region includes Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Projects funded by this grant will develop or expand goat and/or sheep dairy products or markets that will positively impact multiple businesses within the goat and/or sheep dairy supply chain. Projects will increase the exposure and promotion of regionally produced goat/sheep dairy products through supply chain impacts.
Funded projects will increase consumer awareness of goat/sheep dairy products, develop market channels and distribution opportunities to increase goat/sheep dairy product placement, support innovative strategies to increase consumption of goat/sheep dairy products, and/or increase business revenues related to goat/sheep dairy products.
Examples of eligible projects:
- Business diversification through product development, consumer outreach, marketing/growth strategy
- Research and development
- Operations improvements and purchase of specialized equipment
- Addressing supply gaps
- Leveraging new or existing supply chain partnerships to expand markets through aggregation/distribution, branding, co-packing, market expansion, humane/organic certification costs
Grants will range from $15,000 - $50,000 with a 25% match commitment. $250,000 in available funds.
**This grant application period is now closed.**
Applicants eligible for these funds must fall into at least one of the following categories:
Dairy farmer (producer) of goat or sheep milk that is headquartered or based in the Northeast region, and sources or produces milk within the Northeast region.
- Dairy processors that transform raw milk into an edible product with milk sourced from the Northeast region. Processors must be licensed in a way that their product can be sold across state lines.
- Dairy producer association/dairy council which represents and promotes goat and/or sheep dairy products/dairy businesses of the Northeast region.
How to Apply
- Review the full Goat & Sheep Dairy Supply Chain Grant RFA (request for applications) for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide.
Have a Question about this Grant?
Visit our Goat & Sheep Dairy Supply Chain Grant Q&A to see answers to questions we have received about this grant. Check back often as this document will be updated regularly.
Still have a question? Contact Kathryn Donovan.