The Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center (NE-DBIC) announces the availability of funds through the Goat and Sheep Dairy Supply Chain Grant program, which will provide grants for New England dairy farmers, processors, and/or producer associations to improve the goat and/or sheep dairy supply chain.
Projects funded by this grant will develop or expand goat and/or sheep dairy products or markets that will positively impact multiple businesses within the goat and/or sheep dairy supply chain. Projects will increase the exposure and promotion of regionally produced goat/sheep dairy products through supply chain impacts.
Funded projects will increase consumer awareness of goat/sheep dairy products, develop market channels and distribution opportunities to increase goat/sheep dairy product placement, support innovative strategies to increase consumption of goat/sheep dairy products, and/or increase business revenues related to goat/sheep dairy products.
Grants will range from $20,000 - $50,000 with a 25% match commitment. $250,000 in available funds.
Applicants eligible for these funds must fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Dairy farmer (producer) of goat or sheep milk that is headquartered or based in New England and sources or produces milk within New England.
- Dairy processor of goat or sheep milk that transforms raw milk into an edible product and is regulated by the federal Pasteurized Milk Ordinance (PMO) and is headquartered or based in New England, and sources or produces milk within New England.
- Dairy producer association/dairy council which represents and promotes goat and/or sheep dairy products/dairy businesses of New England.
How to Apply
- Review the full Goat & Sheep Dairy Supply Chain Grant RFA (request for applications) for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide. Application will be open from July 8 - August 19, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET.
Have a Question about this Grant?
Visit our Goat & Sheep Dairy Supply Chain Grant Q&A to see answers to questions we have receieved about this grant. Check back often as this document will be updated regularly.
Still have a question? Contact Kathryn Donovan.