The Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center (NE-DBIC) announces the availability of funds through the Dairy Food Safety & Certification Grant to support food safety improvements. Applicants across the Northeast region will be eligible for funding to help increase production safety standards and meet audit requirements to sell into certain markets. Eligible projects may include technical assistance, audits, plan writing, and infrastructure upgrades. This application will be open to dairy producers, processors, and producer associations based in the Northeast. The Northeast region includes all New England states as well as Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Pennsylvania.
Grants will range from $10,000 - $40,000 with a 25% (cash or in-kind) match commitment required. Total funds available: $250,000.
Applicants eligible for these funds must fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Dairy farmer (producer) of milk that is headquartered or based in the Northeast and sources or produces milk within the Northeast.
- Dairy processors that transform raw milk into an edible product with milk sourced from the Northeast region. Processors must be licensed in a way that their product can be sold across state lines.
- Dairy producer association/dairy council which represents and promotes dairy products/dairy businesses of the Northeast.
How to Apply
- Review the full Dairy Food Safety & Certification Grant RFA (request for applications) for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process, which will be available in October 2021.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide. Application will be open in October 2021.
Have a Question about this Grant?
Contact Kathryn Donovan.