The Northeast Dairy Business Innovation Center (NE-DBIC) announces the availability of funds through the Dairy Business Viability and Technical Assistance Grant Program, which will provide grants for dairy processors, producer associations, supply chain businesses, and technical assistance providers to enhance dairy farmer and processor business operations and strengthen market opportunities. Projects funded through this program will coordinate technical assistance to benefit multiple dairy producers and processors with the goal of increasing consumption, sales, jobs, and diverse markets for regionally produced dairy products. Technical assistance services could include enhancing business plans, facility operations, marketing, distribution, processing, and product offerings. Grants are available to applicants in all Northeast states: Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Grants will range from $10,000 - $100,000 with a 25% cash or in-kind match commitment required. Total funds available: $500,000.
Applicants eligible for these funds must fall into at least one of the following categories:
- Dairy processors that transform raw milk into an edible product with milk sourced from the Northeast region. Processors must be licensed in a way that their product can be sold across state lines.
- Dairy producer association/dairy council which represents and promotes dairy products/dairy businesses of the Northeast.
- Supply chain businesses (e.g. distributor or retail operation) that supplies dairy products that is headquartered, sources dairy products, and purchases from and sells to businesses primarily in the Northeast. There must be a stated partnership with a direct dairy business (farm, producer, processor) with roles and responsibilities outlined in the application and within a letter of support.
- Technical assistance providers (e.g. university extension or viability organizations) are eligible to apply if the businesses receiving services are located in the Northeast.
How to Apply
- Review the full Dairy Business Viability and Technical Assistance Grant RFA (request for applications) for the complete details on eligible projects/applicants and the full application process.
- Register in WebGrants (may take up to two business days).
- Complete your application in WebGrants using our Application Guide. Application period: October 26 - December 7, 2021 at 2:00 PM ET.