The Vermont COVID-19 Agriculture Assistance Program (VCAAP) Farmers’ Markets Relief Application was created to alleviate the economic hardship suffered by small and medium-sized farmers' markets due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
This application is open to farmers' markets with less than $10,000 in annual gross sales. Farmers’ markets with annual gross sales of more than $10,000 may apply for assistance under the Agriculture and Working Lands Application.
- Applications are due no later than Friday, November 6, 2020 at 12:00 PM (noon).
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received and awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- The Vermont Agency of Agriculture will reimburse eligible farmers' market applicants up to $2,000.
- Applicants must be domiciled or have a primary place of business in Vermont.
- Applicants must meet the definition of a farmers’ market: “An event or series of events at which two or more vendors of agricultural products, as defined in 11 V.S.A § 991, gather for purposes of offering for sale to the public their agricultural products.”
- Applicants must have annual gross sales of less than $10,000 in tax year 2019.*
- Applicants must have experienced lost revenues and/or expenses related to the COVID-19 public health emergency between March 1 and November 1, 2020.
- Applicants’ supporting financial documentation must clearly identify those lost revenues and/or expenses attributable to COVID-19.
The only losses and expenses eligible for reimbursement under this program are those directly related to the operation and maintenance of a farmers’ market. This excludes losses or expenses experienced by individual vendors as well as costs unrelated to the operation of the farmers’ market.
*Note that farmers’ markets with annual gross sales of more than $10,000 may apply for assistance under the Agriculture and Working Lands Application.
How to Apply
- Gather documentation of your market's lost revenues or expenses caused by the COVID-19 public health emergency.
- Log in to WebGrants to start your application.
New to WebGrants? See the Application Guide.
- Complete and submit your application by Friday, November 6 at 12:00 PM (noon).
We cannot accept late applications.
(802) 828-2430 select #9