The passage of Act 154 (H.969) allocated $100,000 in Coronavirus Relief Funds (CRF) to the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets Farm to School Program to address the effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Vermont COVID-19 Agriculture Assistance Program (VCAAP) Farm to School Application will reimburse schools and registered or licensed child care providers for equipment and supply purchases that were necessitated by the COVID-19 global health pandemic and help support farm to school program goals.
The application deadline was Monday, November 9, 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received and awarded on a first come, first served basis.
- Applicants will be reimbursed for the costs of all eligible purchases, up to $10,000. If the Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets receives a high volume of applications, it may lower the maximum individual grant award to distribute funds equitably.
Sign up for our newsletter to receive updates!
- Eligible applicants will need to provide documentation, such as invoices or receipts, for any purchases they are seeking reimbursement for. The VCAAP Farm to School grant can cover eligible purchases made after March 1 and before the date of submission.
- Applicants will need to clearly explain how the purchases were necessitated by COVID-19, and how they support the goals of farm to school, which include local procurement, hands-on learning, and food and agriculture education.
- Examples of eligible items include improvements for outdoor learning and/or dining spaces and equipment for processing, packaging, storing, and serving meals safely.
How to Apply
The VCAAP Farm to School Application is now closed.
(802) 828-2430 select #9