The Vermont Legislature appropriated $500,000 in Coronavirus Relief Funds for the purpose of awarding grants to Vermont’s agricultural fairs that have suffered lost revenues or expenses caused by the COVID-19 public health emergency. Governor Scott signed this legislation, Act 138, on July 2, 2020. The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets (VAAFM) will award funds to agricultural fairs that are registered with VAAFM and have experienced income loss, additional expenses, and event disruption. VAAFM expects to have adequate funding for all eligible fair organizations to take advantage of this assistance.
The Vermont Agency of Agriculture will host a webinar for agricultural fairs on Friday, August 7 from 3:00–4:00 PM. The webinar will be recorded.
Agricultural Fairs Webinar
Friday, August 7 | 3:00–4:00 PM
You may join the webinar via your web browser or the Microsoft Teams application. We recommend downloading Microsoft Teams for the best experience.
- Join by phone: +1 802-828-7228 Conference ID: 333 282 834#
Eligible agricultural fair organizations may apply for assistance through VAAFM’s WebGrants grants management system beginning Friday, July 31 at 12:00 PM (noon).
The application deadline is Thursday, August 20 at 2:00 PM. We expect funds to be disbursed by September 15, 2020.
Agricultural fair organizations that were registered with VAAFM and operating as of March 1, 2020 are eligible to apply for assistance. This assistance can cover lost revenues or expenses that occurred or accrued on or after March 1, 2020 and before September 1, 2020 due to the COVID-19 public health emergency.
How to Apply
- Gather required documentation.
- Log in to WebGrants to start your application. New to WebGrants? See the Application Guide.
- Log in, create an account, view the application and apply.
- Complete and submit your application by Thursday, August 20 at 2:00 PM.
You will need the following documents or information to complete your application:
- Profit and loss statements from 2019 and documentation of revenue loss by month comparing 2019 to 2020 for March–August.
- Documents that demonstrate the specific COVID-19-related loss(es) and/or expense(s) between March 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020 for which you are applying for payment.
- Expenses must be directly caused by or related to COVID-19 response (e.g., face masks for staff, thermometers)
- Purchases made during the eligible time period for items to support cancelled events (ribbons, posters, other year specific items)
- Eligible proof includes receipts or invoices clearly showing the expense(s) claimed
- The amount of state or federal funding, if any, previously received to cover business interruptions due to COVID-19.
- Dollar amount of any insurance claims received from losses directly related to COVID-19.
(802) 828-2430 select #9