Information about financial assistance available to agriculture businesses impacted by COVID-19 can be found on the Financial Assistance page.
One-on-One Professional Services
- Farm & Forest Viability Program (VHCB)
To enhance the economic viability of Vermont Farms and forestry enterprises. Advising and grants.
- Farm First Mental Health Assistance
Mental health assistance and counseling for farmers and farm families
- Intervale Center
Strengthening community food systems in Vermont. CSA, Large scale composting, food hubs, and farm incubators
- UVM Extension Business Coaching
Extension educators are available for business coaching and can assist with locating resources, help with critical business decision-making, assessing changes to markets, financial planning and other issues facing your enterprises
- Vermont Agricultural Mediation Program
Free mediation services for Vermont farmers from the Environmental Mediation Center.
- Vermont Housing and Conservation Board COVID-19 Response and Recovery Support
Disaster response support to working lands businesses with urgent needs related to COVID-19
- Vermont Legal Food Hub
Free legal services for Farmers, food entrepreneurs and related organizations
- Virtual Advising from the VtSBDC
Virtual advising to help curate, decipher, and disseminate critical information into manageable, practical action steps specifically for your business.
- Vital Communities Pandemic Small Business Navigator
Service to support small businesses in the Upper Valley. The Pandemic Small Business Navigator can answer questions and connect businesses with resources related to the impacts of the pandemic on their small business.
- VMEC Virtual Consulation
VMEC Manufacturing Advisors are available for free remote crisis response consultations. Some specific and immediate services VMEC can provide include: support and problem solving, supply chain, resource deployment, and manufacturer connection.
- Windham Grows
Farm and food business accelerator. Mentorship, education, tools and financing that promotes sustainability to help farm and food businesses grow in a renewable way
- Specialty Food Association Learning Center
During the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, the SFA will be providing webinars, FAQs, and other resources to help you and your business navigate this unique situation.
- USDA COVID-19 Rural Resource Guide
Information on immediate and long-term assistance for rural communities impacted by COVID-19.
- UVM Extension Resource Center
A variety of resources from UVM Extension
- Distribution Matchmaking Tool
NOFA-VT tool for sharing and matching product and distribution between farmers and producers
- Manufacturing Exchange Vermont
New platform for connecting people and supply chains
- Surplus Food and Labor Coordination
Spreadsheet from Farm to Institution New England for connecting those with surplus food and labor to those who need it.
Guides, Webinars, & How-To's
- Best Practices for Re-Opening Food Establishments
- CARES Act Guide for Farm and Food Businesses
Farm and food business focused overview of the CARES Act
- Online Ordering Platforms
Comprehensive guide covering costs and functionality of various online sales platforms
- Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA)
Video tutorial on how to apply for PUA
- Podcast Series - Legal Resillience on the farm through COVID19
Ongoing discussion of COVID-19 related legal issues
- Webinar - Employment issues in the COVID-19 Environment
COVID-19 related information about labor, unemployment, from the VT Retail and Grocers Association