Planning for your business's success is a key piece of being a small business owner. Writing a business plan, receiving technical assistance, and understanding how the different aspects of running a business fit together will help you make the right decisions at the right time. While the Agency of Agriculture does not directly provide business planning or technical assistance services, we work with a number of partners who will be able to help.
- Vermont Housing and Conservation Board's Farm and Forest Viability Program
- VHCB's program enrolls 100 farm and forest business owners annually for a two-year program of technical assistance and planning where the business owner works one-on-one with a provider. Businesses must be farm or forest focused.
- Vermont Sustainable Jobs Fund's Business Coaching Services
- VSJF enrolls business owners for 12-18 months of technical assistance, typically focusing on capitalization and growth strategies. Businesses may be farm or forest focused, among other areas.
- Vermont Small Business Development Center
- VtSBDC provides assistance and planning during all stages of a business's life cycle - from pre-venture to mature. Services include classes and workshops, one-on-one sessions, and a variety of resources such as templates for business plans and cash flow.