Animal Health - Registrations/Licensing

Many animal-focused occupations and activities must be licensed or permitted. The Animal Health Section oversees the issuance of the licenses and permits shown in the box to the right and is responsible for regulating individuals, businesses or organizations that are licensed or registered with the Section. More information is available by clicking the title of the license or by calling the Animal Health Office.

Companion Animal Resources

The United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Animal Care Retail Pet Store rule may require certain companion animal-based businesses to be licensed and regulated by USDA.. The new rule requires licensing with USDA based on business practices and not necessarily the title of the business, its license category with the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food, and Markets (e.g. “rescue”, “shelter”, “pet store”, “pet dealer”), or the town in which the business resides. Internet-based businesses selling pet animals sight unseen to buyers will fall under this regulation. For more information, please visit the USDA website.

Best practices for Brucella canis prevention