Updated Water Quality Laws
Act 64 Vermont's Clean Water Act
- Recognizes VAAFM water quality enforcement authority in 6 V.S.A. Chapter 215 Subchapter 10.
VAAFM now has the authority to
- issue emergency orders to protect water quality;
- require the implementation of mandatory corrective actions; and
- remove livestock when the volume of waste exceeds farm capacity.
- Under 6 V.S.A. Chapter. 215, when VAAFM identifies a small, medium, or large farm in violation of the RAP, MFO, or LFO requirements, VAAFM shall initiate the enforcement process.
Law Implementation Deadlines
Updated Regulatory Enforcement Process required: July 1, 2016
Regulatory Enforcement Process