The Vermont Food Export Program connects Vermont food companies with international markets. Whether it is just over the border or across the globe, we can connect you with the resources you need to help your business grow.
For more information contact: Chelsea Lewis, Chelsea.Lewis@vermont.gov or 802-522-5573
Apply now for ExporTech™ Training - Spring Session
Growth opportunities exist in global markets, but are you struggling to carve out the time and resources to seize them? ExporTech™ could be your answer!
If you are ready to make the investment of time, ExporTech™ can unlock your export growth potential. This 12-week program will give you:
- A structured export strategy development process
- The opportunity to participate in the only national program which can assist you in developing an export plan
- Connections with world-class experts that can assist you in navigating the process
- Countless hours of saved time in payment processes, property protection, finding the right people to do the work
- Thousands of dollars in new export sales
Three (3) day-long sessions must be attended by each participant as well as involvement in two (2) individual coaching sessions and the final plan implementation and go-to-market project.
Space is Limited to 6-8 companies, up to 4 executives per company
The Vermont Agency of Agriculture works with the following partners:
- Food Export-Northeast: is a non-profit organization that promotes the export of food and agricultural products from the northeast region of the United States. They offer a variety of programs and services to help Vermont exporters along with other northeast exporters in international markets through export education, market entry and market promotion. Food Export Northeast provides the following programs and services:
- Export Education: Export Essentials, Webinars, Seminars, Food Export HelplineTM
- Market Entry: International Tradeshow Enhancement Services, Trade Missions, Buyers Missions, Market Builder, Online Product Catalog
- Market Promotion: Branded Program
- Vermont Global Trade Partnership: is Vermont’s center for international business assistance. Their programs help all of their "Best in Class" Vermont businesses succeed in international markets. They provide international trade related educational seminars, trade show participation, technical assistance, and one-on-one consulting services. Also, they provide grants and funding for business to obtain the exposure and necessary infrastructure to make an international transaction possible.
- Vermont Specialty Food Association: Vermont Specialty Food Association: is one of the nation's oldest and most highly regarded specialty food associations. You can visit our members and their quality products at trade shows, craft fairs, local stores, and farmers markets.
- USDA Foreign Agricultural Service: links U.S. agriculture to the world to enhance export opportunities and global food security. In addition to its Washington, D.C. staff, FAS has a global network of 98 offices covering 162 countries. These offices are staffed by agricultural attachés and locally hired staff who are the eyes, ears, and voice for U.S. agriculture around the world. FAS staff identify problems, provide practical solutions, and work to advance opportunities for U.S. agriculture and support U.S. foreign policy around the globe.