Montpelier, Vt. – Vermont cheesemakers took home multiple top awards in the 2018 World Championship Cheese Contest held in Madison, Wisconsin this week. The awards were announced Tuesday, with Vermont receiving 15 top-3 finishes against cheese makers from around the globe. Highlights include:
- The Cabot Creamery Cooperative of Middlebury took home first place awards in the “Cheddar - Mild” and “Cheddar-Medium” category, and in the “Monterey Jack” category.
- Grafton Village Cheese of Brattleboro took home the second and third place awards in the “Natural Rinded Cheddar” category.
- Jasper Hill Farm of Greensboro took home a first-place in the “Soft Ripened Cheeses” category.
- Jasper Hill Farm and Von Trapp Farmstead, both of Greensboro, swept the top-three spots in the “Smear Ripened Soft Cheeses” category.
- Vermont Creamery of Websterville was awarded first place in the “Ripened Goats Milk Cheeses” category.
“Congrats to our world class cheesemakers and farmers. Your commitment to your craft, animals, land and community is making Vermont a better place to live and work. You all should be proud of your accomplishments,” Deputy Secretary Alyson Eastman commented.
To see the full list of 121 competition categories and the awards, visithttps://wccc.myentries.org/contest/results/top-three?event=61#resultSub.
For more on the 2018 World Championship Cheese Contest, please visit https://www.worldchampioncheese.org/.