During the 2017 Legislative session, Act 77 was passed. This act included the following language regarding the Milk Commission:
No. 77. An act relating to rural economic development.
* * * Vermont Milk Commission * * *
Sec. 3. VERMONT MILK COMMISSION; EQUITABLE DAIRY PRICING
On or before October 1, 2017, the Secretary of Agriculture, Food and Markets shall convene the Vermont Milk Commission under 6 V.S.A. chapter 161 to review and evaluate proposals that enhance and stabilize the dairy industry in Vermont and New England and that may be appropriate for inclusion in the federal Farm Bill 2018. The Secretary of Agriculture, Food and Markets shall submit to the congressional delegation of Vermont proposals that the Milk Commission recommends for inclusion in the federal Farm Bill 2018.
The Vermont Milk Commission is meeting to ascertain the health of the state’s dairy industry, hear Farm Bill proposals, evaluate these proposals and prepare recommendations to the congressional delegation for the 2018 federal Farm Bill.
The Commission plans to meet over the next several weeks so members can gather information from dairy farmers, milk handlers and consumers to determine proposals that enhance and stabilize the dairy industry in Vermont and New England.
Recommendations are to be delivered to the Vermont Congressional delegation for dairy policy that could be included in the five-year farm bill that will be decided upon by Congress in 2018.
- MPP Talking Points
- NODPA Presentation
- Vermont Dairy Data Summary - 2017
- WIC Presentation
- WIC Benefits Program
- Child Nutition Program Presentation
- Meeting Notes
Material for Meeting November 7, 2017
- Meeting Minutes
- Worksheet on Farm Bill Proposals
- Vermont Dairy Data
- Meeting Notes
- Agricultural Conservation Easement Program (ACEP)
- NOFA Dairy Production
- Northeast Agribusiness & Feed Alliance Testimony
- Vermont Housing & Conservation Board Testimony
- Vermont Land Trust - Farmland Access Brochure
- Vermont Land Trust Testimony
- Proposed Changes to Fluid Milk FB Analysis
- FAPRI-MU-Report-07-10-Enhanced solids in fluid milk
- Vermont Milk Commission Worksheet on Farm Bill Proposals
- Vermont Dairy Data summary
- Dairy Policy_VT Milk Commission_11.21.17 from PA
- Should the Dairy Margin Protection Program be Replaced with Target Milk Proce Protection or Revenue Insurance?
- What is Dairy Revenue Protection?