The Biology Department supports AAFM and ANR in the areas of Dairy Regulation, Animal Health, Vector-borne disease and water bacteriology.
- Dairy Regulatory
- Commercial-Industry Dairy Laboratory Evaluation & Licensing
- Animal Health
- Water Bacti
- Molecular Genetics
- Milk quality testing.
- Water quality testing – bacteriology.
- Mastitis and Serology testing for livestock.
- Molecular detection of tick-borne pathogens.
- Training and certification of private dairy labs.
LABORATORY RATE SHEET - BIOLOGY
Analytical Techniques include:
- Classic Bacteriology
- Fourier Transform InfraRed
- Flow Cytometry
- Direct Microscopy
- Classic Immunology
- Enzyme Linked Immunoassay
- Polymerase Chain Reaction