The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets (VAAFM) Trade Show Assistance Grant (TSAG) provides Vermont food and forestry businesses with funds to help identify, plan, exhibit and sell their Vermont products at out-of-state trade shows. These matching grants can mitigate the financial risks associated with exhibiting at trade shows while providing access to hundreds of buyers outside the state.
To be considered eligible for the Trade Show Assistance Grant, the following criteria must be met:
- Application is received during the open application period.
- Applicant is a Vermont company and is registered with the Vermont Secretary of State
- Applicant has 3 or more retail/wholesale accounts
- Applicant has been in business for more than 1 year
- Trade Show is outside the state of Vermont
- Trade Show is for business to business (wholesale) customers*
*Direct to consumer shows will be eligible on a case by case basis depending on type of product. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
2. Application & Instructions
- The application is available on the Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets Grant Management Website, located here.
Instructions for using the Grant Management Website:
- If you have not previously registered, follow the link in the right hand box to register your business on the grant management system (please be sure to only register once)
- After registering, use your new login and password to access the grant management system
- Once logged in, click on "funding opportunities" (3rd option down)
- In funding opportunities, you will see all open grant applications available, to apply for a trade show assistance grant, select FY2017 Trade Show Assistance Grant option
- Read the Request for Applications in full
- To complete your application follow the 'start a new application' link in the upper right hand corner
If you have any questions while completing your application please email Reg Godin at email@example.com or call at 802-522-3648.
3. Important Information
- A minimum 50% cash match is required. Meaning in order to be fully reimbursed for a $1,000 grant, actual eligible costs need to be demonstrated via proof of payment (receipts, credit card statement, etc)
- Trade shows should be business to business.
- Only domestic trade shows outside the state of Vermont are eligible
- Only one application per company is permitted