Veterinarians/Veterinary Technicians

The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food, and Markets partners with Vermont veterinarians on various projects and initiatives, including emergency preparedness, disease testing and prevention, accreditation, and educational loan repayments.

To obtain an import permit, information pertaining to animal health-related issues in Vermont, or information pertaining to any program administered by the Vermont Agency of Agriculture's Animal Health Section, contact the Vermont Agency of Agriculture.

Applications now being accepted for the Vermont Food Animal Veterinary Education Loan Repayment Program

The application deadline is April 30, 2015.  To download an application or to learn more about the program, please visit the VVMA website at

Options for obtaining CVIs and Coggins forms

  • Utilize the free electronic certificates (eCVIs) - call the animal health office at (802)828-2421 to schedule a tutorial
  • Order from the State of Vermont Corrections printing center by calling (802) 334-8995 - $0.12 per copy
  • Utilize companies such as Global Vet Link
Coggins forms
  • Utilize companies such as Larch Hill or Global Vet Link
  • Order from the State of Vermont Corrections printing center by calling (802) 334-8995 - $0.17 per copy
  • Order free of charge from USDA by calling 508-363- 2290. 

Information about rabies in Vermont

Information about requirements for exporting a livestock species or companion animals internationally

  • USDA Letter
  • Contact:
    USDA-APHIS-VS, National Import Export Services (NIES), District 1 Service Center
    500 New Karner Rd, 2nd Floor, Albany, NY 12205 
    518 218 7540 phone| 518 218 7545 facsimile

Information about requirements for exporting companion animals and livestock to another state

Other information of interest to veterinarians and veterinary technicians