The Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food, and Markets partners with Vermont veterinarians on various projects and initiatives, including emergency preparedness, disease testing and prevention, accreditation, and educational loan repayments.
To obtain an import permit, information pertaining to animal health-related issues in Vermont, or information pertaining to any program administered by the Vermont Agency of Agriculture's Animal Health Section, contact the Vermont Agency of Agriculture.
Options for obtaining CVIs and Coggins forms
- Utilize the free electronic certificates (eCVIs) - call the animal health office at (802)828-2421 to schedule a tutorial
- Order from the State of Vermont Corrections printing center by calling (802) 334-8995 - $0.12 per copy
- Utilize companies such as Global Vet Link
- Utilize companies such as Larch Hill or Global Vet Link
- Order from the State of Vermont Corrections printing center by calling (802) 334-8995 - $0.15 per copy
- Order from USDA by calling 508-363- 2290.
Information about rabies in Vermont
- Wildlife guidance for veterinarians
To obtain instructions for rabies sample submission from a Vermont animal, contact:
Dr. Bob Johnson
State Public Health Veterinarian
(800)640-4374 (VT only) or (802)863-7240
Information about requirements for shipping a companion animal or livestock species internationally
For international health certificate endorsement, contact:
Dr. Joel Russo, VMO
USDA-APHIS Veterinary Medical Officer
- Alternatively, veterinarians may contact the USDA-APHIS District 1 office in Sutton, MA at (508)363-2290.
Importation requirements for shipping companion animals and livestock to another state
Other information of interest to veterinarians and veterinary technicians
- Links to state and federal websites
- Vermont Importation Requirements
- State Animal Health Officials Directory
- Cyanobacteria fact sheet