In order to fulfill its obligation of protecting animal health and public safety, the Animal Health Section of the Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food and Markets has promulgated and maintains rules pertaining to livestock and companion animals. Click on the applicable link below to download a copy of the rule.
New Requirement - Intrastate Movement Identification
Additional information pertaining to these rules may be obtained by contacting the Animal Health Section.
- Rules Governing the Importation of Domestic Animals, Including Livestock and Poultry
- Vaccination of Domestic Pets, Wolf Hybrids and Livestock Against Rabies; Rabies Vaccination Clinics
- Scrapie Disease Control
- Rules Governing the Control and Eradication of Equine Infectious Anemia
- Vermont Rules Governing Captive Cervidae
- Rules for the Humane Euthanasia of Animals in Registered Animal Shelters
- Rules Governing the Humane Treatment of Animals
- Animal Welfare Regulations
- Rules for Transportation of Animals
- Vermont Brand Rule
- Garbage Feeding to Swine - Statute and VAAFM Policy Guide
- Feeding Scraps to Swine Handout
- Rules Governing the Humane Treatment Animals - Horse Pull Contests, Transportation, Sale of Dogs and Cats